The education requirement for becoming a SUBSTITUTE TEACHER is a minimum of 100 quarter hours or 60 semester hours of accredited college course work. Credits from schools such as business colleges and beauty colleges are not acceptable for meeting the requirements to substitute teach.
To Submit A Substitute Application, Please Follow These Steps:
- Submit an online application.
- In order to expedite your application, request colleges and universities you have attended to send up-to-date OFFICIAL transcripts to the Human Resources Division.
- If you have out-of-state certification or Georgia certification (valid or expired), send a copy to the Human Resources Division.
- Complete, sign, and date the top portions of two supervisory reference forms. Send them to the appropriate persons such as current or former supervisors. REFERENCES FROM FRIENDS AND RELATIVES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- Send all information to the following address:
Muscogee County School District
Human Resources Division
Attn: Aesop Office
P.O. Box 2427
Columbus, GA 31902-2427
The Procedure Used In Processing The Application And Arranging For An Interview Is As Follows:
- All applications are prescreened.
- All applications are tracked until they are complete.
- The applicants whose credentials (references, transcripts, certificate) are best suited for the position will be notified as to the next step in the process of hire.
- Approved applicants are notified of the date, time and location of a state required substitute orientation.
- Applicants may check, at any time, the status of their application by going to the online application status page. If you have questions or concerns, please call (706) 748-2165.