Muscogee County School District
2960 Macon Road Columbus, GA 31906
For Immediate Release
Director of Communications and Open Records Officer
Office: (706) 748-2034
Fax: (706) 748-2036
Clubview Elementary School recently hosted a PTA exhibition night featuring a student-led campaign that raised more than $3,000 to support disaster relief efforts.
The campaign stemmed from a project, with fifth-grade students, who asked the community and families to describe what they considered globally important events and issues. The survey results prompted a focus on kindness, morals, and values for their student exhibition.
Throughout the year, the entire school participated in various activities to demonstrate kindness. Many students collected items such as books, gift cards, clothing, and non-perishables to be given to survivors of Hurricane Michael and the Lee County tornado. One family collected books to replenish a library in Tanzania.
The students raised money and donated to the following organizations who were impacted by natural disasters:
- $1,200- Red Cross, for disaster relief
- $700-Clubview, to purchase an International Peace Pole
- $600-All Things PCB Outreach, for the Panama City area following Hurricane Michael
- $500-Beauregard Elementary School, to aid in the school’s recovery efforts
- $500- East Alabama Medical Center Foundation, for Lee County Disaster Fund to help rebuild houses
Great job, Clubview!