3 THINGS YOU NEED to know about BACK TO SCHOOL 1.
Registration vs. Verification: There’s a difference…
- Registration is only for students who are not currently enrolled in the system or have had a change of address.
- Registration and/or change of address processes can be completed at the assigned school. You can check your school assignment zone here: http://bit.ly/2XE5Iti
- Verification is for currently enrolled students, who have received a school assignment and occurs at the school.
- Registration should only occur at the Public Education Center if a student has an IEP, change of guardianship, needs ESOL services or needs McKinney-Vento services.
- System-wide Verification Day: August 2, 2019 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Additional times and dates might be offered by your child’s school. Contact the school directly for details.
- First day of school: August 8, 2019
What you need to verify or register
- TWO proofs of address: 1. Lease/mortgage/property tax AND 2. A current utility bill stating name and service address
- Withdrawal form from previous school or last report card during June and July
- NOTE: If you are living with someone, that person must come with you and provide proof of address and a photo ID
- Your child’s Birth Certificate
- Your child’s Social Security Card
- GA Immunization Form (3231) or waiver form giving more time to get form 3231
- GA Eye, Ear & Dental Form (3300) or waiver form giving more time to get form 3300
Resources:2019-2020 Registration Packet.pdfMCSD Basic Supply Lists 2019-20.pdf