Muscogee County School District
2960 Macon Road Columbus, GA 31906
The Muscogee County School District offers a lottery-funded educational program to the residents of Muscogee County. The goal of the program is to prepare the children for Kindergarten. We have a limited number of Pre-K seats. Therefore, a computerized program will randomly select students for each Pre-K school based on their home address (school zone).
1. Eligibility: Any child, who is a resident of Muscogee County, and four years on or before September 1, 2023, is considered eligible.
2. Application window:
- a. Open date: January 4, 2023
- b. Closing date: 5:00 p.m., February 10, 2023
3. Application link: apps.muscogee.k12.ga.us/prek
4. Selection process:
- a. All applications will be placed into an auto-generated lottery for random selection.
- b. The District will notify parents of acceptance or wait-list status by email on February 27, 2023.
- c. Wait-list applications will open on March 1, 2023.
5. Required documents: You will need to upload these items in order to complete the Pre-K Lottery Application.
- a. Proof of child’s age: child's birth certificate
- b. Proof of residency: 1. Lease and/or mortgage statement or 2. Current utility bill
- c. Parent identification
6. Pre-K sites:
- Brewer Elementary
- Clubview Elementary
- Dawson Elementary
- Dorothy Height Elementary
- Double Churches Elementary
- Downtown Magnet Academy
- Eagle Ridge Academy
- Forrest Road Elementary
- Fox Elementary
- Key Elementary
- Lonnie Jackson Academy
- Mathews Elementary
- Midland Academy
- North Columbus Elementary
- Rigdon Road Elementary
- River Road Elementary
- South Columbus Elementary
- Wesley Heights Elementary
7. Get more information: Pre-K Department
Ms. Walker, email@example.com 12.ga.us, 706-748-2118The mission of the
Muscogee County School District is to inspire and equip all students to achieve
unlimited potential. For more information, please contact the Office of Communications
at 706.748.2034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #