Dear Parents and Students:
Welcome to Columbus, Georgia, and the Muscogee County School District. We are glad you are here and want to make your transition into our community go as smoothly as possible. MCSD has many programs, extracurricular activities, magnet programs, and charter schools from which you may choose. We believe that we have a great fit for each of you, and it is our desire to assist you in finding out what that is. Again, welcome. We look forward to working with you.
Partnering Together: Muscogee County School District is one of only seven school districts selected to participate in a national pilot program funded by the Army through a contract with the Military Child Education Coalition®. This pilot program provides a full-time Military Student Transition Consultant (MSTC) within the school district.
What does a Military Student Transition Consultant do?
- The Military Student Transition Consultant (MSTC) may assist by
Coordinating communication between parents, the school district and Fort Benning resources;
- Answering questions regarding transitioning to Muscogee County School District, directing families to appropriate resources and/or POC;
- Attending meetings with families where additional support is desired;
- Clarifying special education processes;
- Raising awareness of military concerns to school staff and community;
- Facilitating special events and workshops specific to military families.
For information about moving to the Muscogee County School Disctrict please contact:
Military Student Transition Consultant
MCPEC room 1104