Blanchard Elementary School
Grades K - 5th
3512 Weems Road Columbus, GA 31909
Phone 706-748-2461 , Fax 706-748-2466
"Just know you're not alone - 'Cause (we're) gonna make this place your home. . ."
Home by Phillip Phillips
School Improvement Plan (SIP) initiatives:
(1) By May 2018, five (5) out of ten (10) Tier 1 critical elements of PBIS will be fully developed and implemented as measured by the Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI).
(2) By May 2018, 90% of all teachers will embed the RACE strategy and advanced organizers in their instruction.
House Colors: Students and staff are sorted into 4 Houses, represented by a color and an owl. Students work as a House to earn tickets/points by modeling our WISE Owl expectations and are rewarded throughout the school year.Social and Academic Extra-curricular Activities offered at Blanchard: Kids in Motion/Running Club, WISE Owl Bible Club, Owl Academy Tutorial and Enrichment, Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl, Science Olympics, Math Club, Student Council, Peer Helpers/Servant Leaders, Bricks for Kids, Drama Kids, Girls Scouts/Boy Scouts, Chorus Festival, DARE, Field Day, Market Days, Career Day, Robotics Team, Safety Patrol, Morning Broadcast Team, Home-school Communication: The Talon weekly newsletter/ConnectED calls, Remind 101, GA Parent Survey, Parent Portal, Local School Council, Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)PTO-sponsored Events: Fall Festival, Mother-Son Dance, Father-Daughter Dance, Grandparents' Breakfast, book fairs, Chick-fil-A and Stars and Stripes fundraiser nights, Santa Shoppe, Teacher Appreciation Week, House CelebrationsK-5 Annual Field Trips: Lake West Point, Springer Opera House, RiverCenter, Coca Cola Space Science Center, Columbus Museum, Infantry Museum, Rock Eagle 4-H Center, Oxbow Meadows Recognition Opportunities: Good Citizen and Perfect Attendance lunches with the Principal, House Celebrations, Outstanding Owls, 3rd grade Holiday Play, Grade Level Award Ceremonies, Volunteer Luncheon
- Blanchard Elementary After-School Program (BAESP) organized and run by Blanchard personnel
- 2015-2016 MCSD Media Specialist of the Year: Mrs. Kristine Mitchell
- 2015-2016 MCSD Top Three Teacher of the Year: Ms. Andrea Toole
- 2016-2017 MCSD Top Three First Year Teacher of the Year: Ms. Peyton Hammonds
- 2016-2017 Barnes & Noble Regional "My Favorite Teacher Contest" winner: Ms. Monica Harris
- 2017-2018 MCSD Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl - fourth place
- 2017-2018 MCSD Top Ten First Year Teacher of the Year: Ms. Jessica Muroski
- FY 2018 Chattahoochee-Flint Regional Young Georgia Authors Regional winners: 1st Grade: Iris Zaw with "Bunny and Cat Go Out"; 2nd Grade: Kylie Williamson with "Zoey and Timmy"; 5th Grade: Skye Dawson with "Touchdown"
- 2017-2018 PBIS School inaugural year
- 2017-2018 MCSD Spelling Bee runner-up: Christopher Holley
- 2017-2018 MCSD Top 5 Science Olympics Team finalist
- 2017-2018 Dollar General Regional Recipient of $10,000 literacy grant
- 2017-2018 District Achieve3000 TOP 10 in Lexile Growth gains for FIRST SEMESTER (grade level and
school): Aniar Wiley
- Achieve3000 and Smarty Ants daily and weekly goals met
Partners In Education
- 14th CSH (Combat Support Hospital)
- Morningside Baptist
- Publix (Bradley Park)
- Chick-fil-A (Columbus Park Crossing)
- Ultimate Youth Sports