Skip To Main Content

Landing Nav



General Information

School assignments are based on the residential address of the custodial parent, kinship caregiver, or legal custodian ("enrolling adult"), and proof of residency in Muscogee County is required before a school assignment is granted. Proof of address is a current utility bill and one of the following documents: a valid residential lease or rental agreement, a current property tax statement, property deed, or settlement statement for the home. All proofs of address must indicate the enrolling adult’s name and address. If none of these documents are available in the enrolling adult’s name due to living with someone else, a notarized Affidavit of Residency must be completed by both the owner/tenant and the enrolling adult. The owner/tenant must provide the documents required for proof of address. The Affidavit of Residency must be completed at the Department of Student Services, Central Registration, and both parties are required to be present.

To determine the school of assignment based on your address for this school year, see the InfoFinder Web School Attendance Zone Locator(Infofinder i). The school identified for a particular address reflects the assignment for the current school year. The descriptions and maps of school attendance zones available in the MCSD website, in the Columbus City Planning Division website, or in the local newspapers are intended for general reference only.