Muscogee County School District
Please read the MCSD Medication Policy JGCD for detailed information regarding medication during the school day.
- If possible medication should be given at home, however if it is necessary for your child to receive medication at school, certain guidelines must be met.
- The medication must be in the original container and labeled with the child's name, Physician's name, name of medication, and the dosage instructions for the child.
- There must be a Medication Administration Authorization Form signed for each medication, even over the counter medication. This form is listed in the Documents area or can be obtained at your child's school.
- Parents are responsible for bringing medication to school and turning it in to the clinic or office staff.
- Emergency medication, such as a rescue inhaler, auto inject-able epinephrine, and insulin, can be carried on the student's person with physician's permission and completed paperwork. The appropriate form is located in the documents section. CONTACT your child's school if this applies to your child's health situation.